Our Ministry Purpose: We exist to build relationships with children and parents to encourage them to TRUST God, LOVE people, and make WISE choices.
It is our desire for your baby to feel God’s presence through our tender care, loving attention and safe environment. At CBC, we offer two levels of nursery care:
- Sleepers/Creepers (birth to walking)
- Leapers (toddlers up to 24 months)
When toddlers reach the "Leapers" stage, we begin to introduce God’s attributes by reading short Bible stories and singing songs.
It is our intention that parents feel completely safe and comfortable entrusting us with their precious babies, so that they too may be able to have quality worship and fellowship with the family of God.
Our preschool and elementary programs provide age-appropriate, interactive learning experiences and multiple learning styles. This ensures that we reach every child.
Our staff of teachers and parent helpers model God’s love through the implementation of:
- Lessons from God’s Word
- Bible songs that encourage interactive worship
- Memory verses to “hide in their hearts”
- Age-appropriate activities that help children apply Biblical truths to their lives
Our 4th/5th-grade class is specifically designed to reach the pre-teen mindset. It is geared toward preparing 4th and 5th-graders for middle school and Junior High Student Ministries. Club 45 curriculum is interactive in nature and seeks to equip "45ers" with tools to help them apply God’s principles to their daily lives.
Special Needs Ministry
It is the purpose of Crossroads' Special Needs ministry to minister to and encourage the families of special-needs children, with acceptance and understanding.
We believe that ALL children have value, and are gifted with an innate ability to know and experience God in their own way. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate inclusion of God's special children, that they might come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ, and find a place of belonging and serving.
Crossroad's Special Needs Ministry Purpose Statement (PDF Download)
Sunday School Sign-In Procedures
Before dropping off your nursery, preschool, or elementary-school children:
- Sign them in at an ACS check-in station at the hospitality center.
To pick up your child:
- You must have the security ID tag with you or your child will not be released without the approval of a supervisor. This assures the safety of each child.
If your child needs you during the service, your Family ID Number (from your
security ID tag) will be illuminated on the number board above the baptistry.
Safe Kids Policy
To ensure the safety of your children, we have a Safe Kids Policy in effect at CBC. In keeping with this policy, we are careful to:
- Obtain and follow up on references for all teachers/helpers.
- Screen all teachers/helpers through the LexisNexus website.
- Interview prospective teachers for giftedness and a passion for working with children.
We pray that these safeguards will help you to relax and personally experience God in our service through your own worship, prayer and teaching time.
Download Safe Kids Policy
Kids Club is an outreach program to the Elementary school children in Crossroad's neighboring community. Our team lovingly ministers once a week at Sherman Oaks Elementary School through Bible stories, music, games, crafts, small groups, and more.